Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Taking Down Christmas

On my list of things to do today was "Take down Christmas." 
How sad. I LOVE to decorate for Christmas. I have done it for my mom for the past... probably 10 years. I blare my Mannheim Steamrollers music...


You should take a listen to one of my favorite songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68j6Ceof8QQ


I bring up all the Christmas decorations at once and unwrap each of them in glee before I figure out where I'm going to put each piece. 


My personal favorite part is decorating the tree. Some people have decorating the tree as a family affair... my family doesn't do affairs, so I just do it in solitaire. I enjoy it just the same. Oh... and I put the angel on first. :)


 Here is this year's tree. Mom took it down the other week when I was away, which made me sad... but luckily after only removing a few items, she took a picture: 


Unfortunately for us, it's not a very good picture. It was much prettier and fancier with the lights on, I promise.
Anyway, so today- since it is now February 1st, I thought that was a good day to change up the decorations, especially since I was supposed to work today but didn't on account of the ice.
Now this is what our house looks like:


 


Isn't life so empty without Jesus??


No comments:

Post a Comment