Saturday, February 15, 2014

Week 39: Can you just come now??



Size of Baby: watermelon. I mean really, just look at my belly... obviously huge. Dr said about 8 pounds on Tuesday.
What's that Babe up to: you mean besides not coming out? yeah, he's just getting bigger. that's it. oh wait, and also his nails have probably grown past his fingers. I'm telling you folks, nothing of great significance that can't be done outside the womb. Come meet the world, little one, I'd very much like to see what you look like.
Symptoms: swelling, of course, lightning bolts down my legs, heartburn, insomnia, backaches, a freaking cold.
Food cravings or aversions: still none, but eating whatever I feel like for just a little longer. I just ate mac & cheese and grape juice for breakfast. I mean, it's whatever.
Weight: 199
Weight gain so far: Is that 51 pounds? I think so. I was 196 all week until this morning.... I had a lot to eat last night

Stretch Marks: they are taking over, and they are not pretty. And they have moved down to my thighs now. Which is really cool. I shouldn't complain; it's my own fault for not exercising while pregnant past 20 weeks. 
Sleep: Could everyone stop telling me to get as much sleep as I can now because I won't get any after the baby comes? You know what, I think that sounds like a great idea, except that I CAN'T SLEEP and that's all I would like to do, and being told that I won't get any after he's born does NOT make me feel any better. (i'm not actually upset at you for telling me this, and you're not the only one, i know you mean well)
Best moment this week: Getting to spend more time with Andrew lately... that's my favorite.
Miss Anything: I sure do miss my sleep, and many other things... but sleep is probably #1 right now.

Movement: yes, except now those kicks are a bit more painful... like the walls of my uterus are getting sore.
Maternity Clothes: The wardrobe availability shrinks day by day. Note my belly sticking out of the shirt in the picture?

Belly Button: half and half
Wedding Rings: picked them up last night! Now they are all shiny and sparkly and ready to be worn! I'm quite nervous about them fitting ever again since they aren't even close to fitting..... at all.
Looking Forward To: Why have I not said this before... I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!! today would be great.



Journal:
SO really, I am 39 weeks and 3 days. I don't want to jip myself of those 3 days. I don't want you to think I have a full week until I'm 40 weeks. Because in fact, it's only 4 days until my due date. Do you remember when I said I hope I go late so my mom can come out and also I like those numbers better, etc, etc..... Let me just say that the main reason why my preference on why I'd like to have the little guy out of here as soon as possible is because he ain't no little guy. Every day I don't feel a contraction, this babe is putting on the weight. I am still planning on going naturally, fully, but the idea of pushing out 10 pounds just doesn't get me excited. Can I get some appreciation for that??

Well this week went much like I said it would last week. Worked Monday, came home completely exhausted. Andrew made supper, I ate it, and then laid on the couch the rest of the night. Tuesday, I saw the doctor and she said I still wasn't quite 2cm dilated, but that I was 60% effaced. She "stripped my membranes" to help encourage labor to start... didn't work. She told me to have sex. We listen to what Dr's tell us, but alas, still no labor. Not even false labor. I've felt NOTHING except discomfort. I feel pressure in my abdomen, which people tell me is something, but I'm pretty sure it's just the little guy moving around, or trying to since we are all running out of room to move much.
Wednesday I worked again and was just a slight bit less exhausted afterwards, so Andrew and I kept our plans of going to the Valentine meal the MYF at church put on. It was delightful and delicious. My dear sweet friend at church used to do Reflexology so I asked her to show me where the labor induction areas were and she told me to prop my feet up and she'd work them for me! WOW that hurt.... and again... did not work. :(
Thursday I worked my last day of work for 12 weeks!!!!!!! 12 weeks just doesn't sound very long to me anymore. 40 weeks sounds long, not 12. It was a busy long day where we were understaffed, but everyone seemed to maintain good cheer regardless and it wasn't a bad day at all because of it. After work me and 4 coworkers went across the street to the best Mexican restaurant to celebrate. It was lovely. 

I have an update on my bra-hate. Turns out I'm not a D after all. *phew* I'm just bigger around the bust... I measure at 36 inches, but I'm telling you that 38 is tight, so I think I'm really 40.... ANYWHO... my friend told me I need to get some bra extenders and my problem should be solved! SCORE! I got some this week and tried those bras on again and they magically fit. Well, the Ds are a little big, but apparently that's good for when the milk comes in. Oh boy. I'm ready to be a mom, I'm ready to change diapers, I'm ready to love and snuggle like never before, I'm ready for it.... but I am not excited about the breastfeeding and all the pains that go with that. Ouch. Bring it on, kiddo, let's do this.

So nature and life and my body decided to play a really cruel joke on me this week (I say nature, life and my body because surely, God wouldn't wish this upon me.)  This week I have developed a nasty head cold. My MIL told me this is what happens right before the baby comes, in fact she asked me a couple times before I got sick if I was sick because that meant the baby was coming. I think she wished it upon me. (if you're reading this, I'm totally kidding.) I know plenty of people who did NOT get a cold before their baby came and I would have been just fine being in that category instead. Not just because I'm already in great discomfort and struggling to breathe as it is, and adding a headache, cough, sinus pain, runny noses, congestion, etc to the mix is a terrible thing to suffer through, but HELLO.... the SNEEZES!!!!!!!!!! I sneezed SO MUCH at work this week and every time I'm squeezing.... squeezing so hard.... but alas... I sniss. As if being this huge and waddling around and then all the humbling experiences of childbirth I'm preparing myself for weren't humiliating enough, then I have to pee my pants at work. The one time was so bad... it wasn't just a little bit. I had to excuse myself from my poor patient to "blow my nose" so I could go to the bathroom and attempt to clean up a little. I felt like a 5 year old who peed their pants at school, and unfortunately there were no spare sweatpants to change into. Not cool, kids, not cool.

I did manage to avoid having my water break at work. I daydreamed about that numerous times and how embarrassing that would be. I'm glad I snuck past that. Of course, had that happened, I would have a baby now.....

Well I suppose that's about all I have to say. When I look back at this journal post I will see how negative I became towards the end. Sorry about that. It's true though... I'm ready to move on. Move on or sleep. In fact, in this exact moment I don't care if I could sleep for a solid 5 hours or if I started labor. Either one sounds magical.




No comments:

Post a Comment