Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Week 40: Today is Due Date Day!!!



Size of Baby: jackfruit. Who knew there was something bigger than a watermelon. Oh my word. I just googled Jackfruit. What a well-played joke, TheBump, well played.. There is NO WAY I am THAT big. OH there is NO WAY I am pushing something THAT BIG through my hoo-haa. uh uh.
NO.
What's that Babe up to: even the bump doesn't have much to say. Here is what he's doing: getting bigger, growing nails, growing hair, and further developing lungs. Isn't that just dandy.
Symptoms: swelling, lightning bolts down my legs, insomnia, backaches.
Food cravings or aversions: this is such a not-40-weeks-pregnant question
Weight: 198.
Weight gain so far: 50 lbs. of course, I've been as high as 203 but... 

Stretch Marks: yes yes yes
Sleep: I'm just going to leave last week's comment on this up because apparently not everyone has seen it..... Could everyone stop telling me to get as much sleep as I can now because I won't get any after the baby comes? You know what, I think that sounds like a great idea, except that I CAN'T SLEEP and that's all I would like to do, and being told that I won't get any after he's born does NOT make me feel any better. (i'm not actually upset at you for telling me this, and you're not the only one, i know you mean well)
Best moment this week: NOT going to work!!!
Miss Anything: I sure do miss my sleep, and many other things... but sleep is probably #1 right now. I get emails from Lucie's List and this is what she had to say about this:  
(The other side is this great place where you can actually tie your shoes without assistance. On the other side... there is SUSHI and soft cheese. And wine, my god, the booze is simply amazing (once it hits your lips, it's so good!), UNCOOKED lunch meat. And hot tubs. Belly sleeping. Dangerous ladder-standing.... did I mention the booze?)  I don't necessarily feel the same way about all these things, but I think it's funny nonetheless. And I want a hot tub.
Movement: yep- just reminding me he's still in there.... in case I forgot...
Maternity Clothes: I have 3 shirts and 2 pants that I prefer to wear. They are all in the wash. Don't picture me right now.....

Belly Button: half and half
Wedding Rings: I miss those too. And I'm nervous they will never fit again....
Looking Forward To: I am really looking forward to some tight pain in my torso. And then I'm looking forward to it happening again 5 minutes later. I kid you not, I am really looking forward to that.... Also, I'm looking forward to seeing what he looks like. Will he have hair? Will it be brown or blonde? Will he have a big nose? little ears? fat cheeks? acne? birthmarks? cross-eyed? I just wonder is all...



Journal:
  First of all, I would like to ask everyone to just calm down a little for me. I understand that you're kind of excited for me to have this baby. Believe it or not, Andrew and I are pretty excited ourselves. Maybe a little anxious, maybe getting a little impatient. But you know what I was thinking today?? I would have a LOT more patience in waiting for this baby if everyone else wouldn't make me feel like he's 3 weeks late already. He's not even late (yet). So when you see me next week, then you can act like you've been acting these last 2 weeks. I know, I know, I brought it upon myself when I had ONE bad day of high blood pressure with swelling and a big weight gain. I know, we all thought he was coming 3 weeks ago when my Dr told me so. But you know what?? Every day since then my blood pressure has been good, my swelling is present but not as severe, no protein in my urine, and the little guy has a happy high heart rate. We are all healthy. We are all ready to meet each other, but no need to get all bent out of shape just because he didn't come EARLY.

That's just how I feel today. And yesterday. However, the day before that and probably tomorrow, I will be thinking.... WHAT THE HECK??!!?! THERE IS NO NEED FOR THIS! GET HIM OUT NOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!! Oh wait, yeah that's how I've felt for the last 2 weeks. I've had a change of heart.... no matter if it is just temporary.
Get on outta there!
I have been feeling SOOOO much better since I stopped working. Stress is so exhausting. I used to pride myself in not getting stressed out over things- ask my hygiene school friends! But I tell you what, that job was pushing my limits. Hopefully it was just the combo of the job with my pregnancy and when I go back in 11.5 weeks it won't be so bad. ;)

I have gotten so much done since I stopped working. It's pretty easy to stay on top of laundry and dishes. I made TWELVE different freezer crockpot meals. I made some yummy desserts. Did a ton of grocery shopping. Went for a walk, went for a drive, spent an entire day playing rummy-kub, & watched a ton of Olympics!!! Life has been great.
One thing that I've been planning on doing once I started my maternity leave is CRAFT!!! Sew, paint, glue, etc.... anything! I LOVE to make things and I never find the time to do it while I'm working so I thought for sure that's what I would jump right into once I stopped working. Haven't. done. a. thing. Instead it's spending my day in the kitchen, cooking, cleaning, laundry, organizing finances, etc etc. Maybe today will be the day. I think it's because I don't already have something in mind to make. I will be visiting Pinterest later today.

Dude, check out this funny trick I learned while waiting for the shower to get hot...
Suck it in...
And relax...
I can basically make it look like I'm only 30 weeks pregnant!!! haha!!! So far, I am the only one impressed by this. And the only one who thinks it's funny. Anyone on my side? Oh by the way, I hadn't eaten breakfast yet when I did this. Goes to show there is plenty of room in there yet for the little man to swim around. ugh.

SO are you curious what my Dr said this week?? WELL... nothing has changed. I'm still only 1cm dilated. She stripped my membranes again this week, hoping to get my water to break. It was a little more aggressive this time, apparently, since I've been spotting ever since. That's gross. You didn't want to know that. Sorry. Now you do. She told me she still has no plans this week so any day would be great for her. That's nice, me too. Andrew keeps telling me he doesn't want to go to work and so any day would be great for him. That's nice, me too. I FEEL NOTHING. ANYWHO- So today is my due date and she said they generally don't let anyone go more than 1 week late. That's good because I don't want to have my baby in March. (Does anyone remember me saying I didn't want a baby in January? yeah, see we picked February for a reason...) SOO if I don't have the baby by Sunday night, I'm supposed to call Monday morning and we will schedule an induction for next week. She then said, but hopefully you go naturally, because that's just best. Amen. SO my fervent prayer has been that I go into labor naturally. I really don't want to be induced. I also really don't want him to get any bigger. Induction wins over getting bigger. I've mentally prepared myself to make that call Monday morning. I'm planning on being induced. I'm hoping I get a nice surprise. I hope God doesn't see that as doubting the power of my prayers. Maybe ya'll can join me in praying that I go naturally... whenever that may be.
A little trip down memory lane. Twenty weeks is cute. I think that's plenty big enough. 40 just looks awkward.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittany - Hope you're enjoying that little baby of yours! Oh and good call on frozen meals. We did that before Drew came and it was the BEST thing ever. :)

    ReplyDelete