Sunday, August 8, 2010

Things I've Done While the Parents are Away....

To catch you up on where I'm at these days.... I found a boards patient. That whole situation was quite an ordeal... one where I was forced to trust God, and one that he rewarded me for.
I aced my boards, graduated from HACC's dental hygiene program, passed my next 2 boards, and got my license. I found a job 4 miles up the road from my parents house, which is where I am currently residing.

I LOVE the working life. It is just as magical as I hoped it would be. I am not just speaking of the joys of cleaning teeth, but the most wonderful part.... Going to work, coming home and doing whatever I please. I have no other obligations! It's so wonderful to not have to bring your work home and work on it some more to be ready for the next day. All I have to do is make sure I have a clean pair of scrubs! :) I still haven't gotten my first paycheck yet though, so... I still feel like a student in that area.

Moving on...

My parents went on a cycle vacation to Colorado for 10 days. That means I rule the roost! I decided to blog about what I'm doing while they are away and don't force me to make them supper. (my least favorite duty). So here we go...

First, I of course had to make a list of things to do:

I picked some flowers for some indoor nature-beauty:

I decided to try to highlight my hair from a box:
I kind of felt like Medusa, though the thought of snakes coming out of my head makes me queezy

The end result in my typical hairstyle. I'm not a huge fan of it, but the box was cheap.

I thought maybe Greta would want some highlights too... You know, for some added dimension.

I removed the last of the wallpaper in my bedroom:
Some parts are really gross.

I discovered that my dad's grill is really easy to use:
He told me to stay away from the steaks.

I really hate dragging the photos to the bottom of this post in increments so I think we'll make this a multi-part post. :)

More adventures to come.....



No comments:

Post a Comment