Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ambitious Morning

So remember that time I said I was going to do 10 things that day? That was awfully ambitious of me. This is what I said I would do:

  1. Decorate a cake for my sister
  2. Play with Greta outside
  3. Exercise
  4. Call Ohio Dental Board
  5. Unpack/clean room
  6. Job search
  7. Pick pictures to print
  8. Print Inspiration Album pages
  9. Make Greta an apron
  10. Check my email/facebook/blogger 10 more times
This is what I actually did:
    1. Decorated a cake for my sister
    2. Checked my email/facebook/blogger 10 more times

Turns out making a cake takes me all day. Here is my photo journey of my first decorated layered cake! I bought a coupler, bag, and a bunch of tips at an Amish store the other weekend and I was quite eager to use them. Now don't be too critical, I know I'm no Lindsey Tolino, or Kim Friesen, but I had fun and enjoyed it. :)
First Greta helped me bake the cakes

Then I put them together

Did the "ever-important" crumb coat

Iced the cake!

smoothed the icing with water

started the nerve-racking decorating

Please don't look too closely!

Probably should've stopped here....

All Done!
My sister has her PhD. She's pretty cool like that. 

Tomorrow is another day off... so hopefully I can get #2-9 done!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment