Saturday, December 14, 2013

Week 30: Are you serious?



Size of Baby: a cucumber. I mean really.
What's that Babe up to: lots of moving around.
Symptoms: heartburn, lower back pain, bloody noses, leg and foot cramps, frequent urination, plantar fasciitis, major swelling

Food cravings or aversions: nothing crazy but I did just enjoy a bowl of chocolate ice cream. I don't normally like chocolate ice cream.
Weight: 180
Weight gain so far: 33. Did you notice? It went down. Shoot dog. I promise I haven't done anything differently.
Maternity Clothes: I think I like my maternity wardrobe a lot more than my regular one!
Stretch Marks: no new, but bunches on my hips
Sleep: it's so hit or miss. Some nights are great and some nights are awful
Best moment this week: seeing The Hunger Games: Catching Fire with Andrew and his brother. Oh and eating at chic-fil-a beforehand! Also- feeling the baby's body parts poking out at me
Miss Anything: being comfortable

Movement: kicked my ribs today and hopped on my bladder this morning. Haha! Lots of fun movement! I know I'm going to miss this.
Belly Button: starting to pop out! I'll show you a picture if it ever fully does....
Wedding Rings: off. And fake band is off now too. Boo.
Looking Forward To: wrapping presents!

Does it look like I just woke up? Because I did.
Journal:
Well.... the week as arrived. I am fully and completely and undenyingly pregnant. As I mentioned before, being 30 weeks pregnant is when you're really PREGNANT. There you have it. Here I am. Really PREGNANT. What's funny is this is the week (and I guess the week before too) where I'm really starting to get uncomfortable. It started out that in just the evenings my ribs would hurt- which I've been informed, is the baby pushing up on my liver. But here it is 11:00 in the morning and my ribs and back hurt already.

Here is what I LOVE about this part of the pregnancy. The baby is moving so much more!!! Some mornings I just lay in bed feeling the baby doing it's morning exercises. It feels so cool from the inside. When I put my hands over the part where it's moving, it feels so cool from the outside! Then when my neck loosens up enough - it looks SO COOL to watch! I like that I can feel where the baby is now too, I just light push all over my belly and find the hard spots. This is so bizarre. I love it. I hope this baby is just as fun outside the womb as it is inside. hehe! Speaking of which... Last night on one of my trips downstairs to the bathroom I was thinking about what my nights will be like after this baby is out of me. I'll still be getting up a bunch throughout the night, the difference being, I'll be up for longer periods of time. There won't be half-sleepwalking to the bathroom and back upstairs, taking a sip of water and falling directly back to sleep. But you know what else will be different?? I won't have to go to work in the morning; I'll get to snuggle and feed and wipe up my baby all day instead. (or at least for the first 12 weeks.... let's not think about returning to work yet...) I am so excited!!! And scared. And let's be honest-- I know my selfishness is going to have to go out the window... I guess I can wait 10 more weeks for that.

Oh. Mylanta. 10 weeks. That's it. (ok really... it could be 12... it better not be 8 or 9.)
Countdown in the kitchen
Next week we will be in the single digits!!!

This is definitely one of my favorite times of the year. (I'm trying to decide if I like being outside in the hot sunshine or enjoying Christmas festivities more.) This is what the rest of my year looks like:
5 more days of work, 2 doctor appointments, 1 massage, 1 chiropractor appointment, 5 family Christmas celebrations, and 1 Christmas party. Then after the New Year, I go back to work for 1, maybe 2 days, and then have the baby shower!!!! eeek!!! After the 4th... comes the waiting.... Well actually there is one weekend in there that I'm going to a communications class for work in Indy and then have another family Christmas! And then... it's just waiting... working... and waiting... and working... and waiting.... and then BOOM! Baby will be here. And my life will never be the same.......

No comments:

Post a Comment