Saturday, December 21, 2013

Week 31: We are in the single digits!!!



Size of Baby: over 3 pounds!
What's that Babe up to: lots of moving around.
Symptoms: heartburn, lower back pain, bloody noses, leg and foot cramps, frequent urination, plantar fasciitis, major swelling

Food cravings or aversions:  none
Weight: 183
Weight gain so far: 35 lbs
Maternity Clothes: I will miss these clothes...
Stretch Marks: fo sho. still none on my belly, just the hips, but my are they lookers!
Sleep: it's so hit or miss. Some nights are great and some nights are awful. Some nights I love the body pillow, some nights I throw it on the floor and pull out my contoured pillow and sleep on my back.
Best moment this week: getting all my Christmas shopping done, and then spending all afternoon and evening wrapping gifts while listening to Mannheim Steamrollers. Oh I just love this time of year!
Miss Anything: being comfortable

Movement: oh yes. This kid has become so very active. I love it!! I am going to miss this. Seriously, that's all I think about now- is how much I'm going to miss being pregnant.
Belly Button: has a mind of it's own. It has changed SO many times! Now it's a forever tunnel again like it used to be. You just never know...
Wedding Rings: off. And fake band is off now too. Boo... no one will think I'm married.
Looking Forward To: Christmas starts this weekend with the in-laws!!! SO EXCITED!


A little non-traditional this week with the update picture!
Journal:
Alrighto.... Kid.... You know that I love you, right? Well, I do.  Now that you know that.... Could you please stop pushing my liver into my ribs. As it turns out, it doesn't feel very good! Would you like me to stop pushing you around inside my belly? Sorry. I enjoy it too much... But I'll try to be nicer about it if you stop pushing on my ribs. Ok thanks.

So let's talk about long torsos. There are some nice things about having a long torso, and plenty of bad things about having a long torso. I have a long torso. It is the part of my body that makes people think I'm tall, not my legs. Anyway... I generally do like having a long torso as I think it spreads out my innards and fat. It is also why I think it looks like I am carrying this baby low. If I had a shorter torso I think the baby would have been pushing on my ribs a long time ago. I'm glad it's just now starting. Having a long torso has given me some wardrobe troubles throughout my life. In high school, shirts were never long enough to fit into dresscode so I had to wear wifebeaters pulled down low under all of my shirts. With fitted dresses, the wider part that generally would be at a woman's hips, is usually too high and at my waist. I have loved maternity clothes because finally! Some real length on some shirts!! 
This topic is about to go to the bathroom. That's your warning.  
I feel I have been sufficiently warned that when your belly gets so big you can see down there making it a guess when it comes to grooming.... Or a mirror. Well.... No one warned me about the whole reaching that area. I grunt every time I have to wipe because it's such a stretch. And with all that's going on down there you want to make sure it's clean. Then I got to thinking... Maybe not everyone struggles with this because most people don't have as far to reach, since they don't have such a long torso. Anyway... If you have a long torso, just be warned that little but important things like wiping (let alone putting pants and shoes on) will be a struggle.

Well... Time to participate in some family Christmases. I'll see if I can get some more pictures up for next week. Christmas at the Spotts house is usually pretty funny-looking!!!
Speaking of which... We will be taking the Spotts tradition of a family picture every Christmas, unlike the Kings who take a family picture every 5-10 years.... Or maybe more so every 10-20........

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment