Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hope from the Philippines


This has to be a quick post cause I have a midterm to study for yet!!! yikes! But I just wanted to share this little experience....
So I have been struggling lately at school- staying motivated, focused, and content. I've noticed myself complaining about my instructors a ton and just letting EVERYTHING bug the crap out of me. Now... I still believe whole-heartedly that these things are deserving of this but... it really brings me down. I left school yesterday thinking... I really don't even want to be a hygienist anymore. This sucks. I called Andrew and complained and whined to him a bit, and scared him by saying I just wanted to eat a box of donuts.

Well.... be comforted... I didn't eat a single donut. I got home and a letter from Jerica was sitting on my table. She is always such an encouragement to me in her letters!!! Jerica is the child I sponsor through Compassion. Jerica always shares a verse with me that she's memorized and this time the verse was: "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." How awesome is this?!?! I was so humbled. Jerica is also struggling in school right now with the busyness of it all, the extra activities she's in and the competitiveness of the school system (in which she excels!). I thought it was neat that we are both experiencing similar difficulties at the same time... while she is only 12 years old, living in poverty. I have so much to be thankful for, and yet she is the one with the right frame of mind!

this is my most recent picture of Jerica:

That's all I really wanted to share. Like Andrew told me later... isn't it awesome when you can see God deliberately showing you something!

No comments:

Post a Comment