Wednesday, October 14, 2009

treatment plan my shower?!?!



Oh dear.... I have so much to do tonight, but I just have to share this little thought dream I had in the shower about 10 minutes ago...
For those not experiencing dental hygiene school, let me give a brief summary about one portion of our enormous requirements....
For every patient we have a treatment plan. This treatment plan includes every detail of what we plan on doing, what we have done, and the modifications that exist. We need to estimate how long each process will take. So for example, starting out on a new patient: HIPAA - 2 min, Informed Consent- 2 min, Med Hx- 15 min, Med/dent hx review- 20 min, instructor check- 10 min, EIOE-25 min.... etc etc...
this isn't really anything like what i just described..... but i needed a picture. :)

Ok.... there's your background!
I was reading my dearly loved Real Simple magazine this evening while waiting for my scrubs to dry at the laundromat and I read that showers should not last longer than 10 minutes because you will lose your natural oils & lipids on your skin. At the time, I thought to myself... Good! I only take 10 minutes.
Well... I was in the shower tonight and I desperately needed to shave my legs... which got me to thinking... How do you really expect me to do additional things in the same amount of time? I was having the same attitude that I get towards my instructors because that is exactly what happens. It gets worse... I then began thinking of all the tasks I complete in the shower... shampoo hair, conditioner, wash face, shave pits, soap up... then the optional shave legs or pumice heels, shave arms, etc. Then I was thinking that I should write out these tasks and figure out how long each one takes so I can ....... GASP!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I CANNOT treatment plan my showers! Horror of horrors..... School is invading my life even more than I realized.


1 comment:

  1. Haha! We are so similar. Sometimes I catch myself treating cooking at home like I do work in the lab. Love you.

    ReplyDelete