Friday, September 13, 2013

Week 17: Getting Ready for Nursery!


Size of Baby: large onion (roughly 5.1 inches)
What's that Babe up to: turning rubbery cartilage into bone, puttin' on some fat, just like the babe's momma
Symptoms: Round Ligament Pain, and the typical unmentionables, increased SWEATING, pants not wanting to stay up, itchy boobs
Food Cravings: just gummy bears today.
Food Aversions: my green beans at supper. I actually almost gagged after I finally swallowed my bite.
Weight: 156
Weight gain so far: 8 lbs. I read this week that I probably gained 5-10 lbs. hurray!
Maternity Clothes: I've worn a dress, 2 skirts, a pair of pants for work, and a new shirt
Stretch Marks: no- checking weekly and using coconut oil
Sleep: on the couch this week since Andrew was sick. He gets an uncomfortable sore throat... I get full blown cold/flu. Not this time, mister.
Best moment this week: spending the weekend with my sister getting my room ready to become a nursery.     And also, shopping at Target.
Miss Anything: Sleeping through the night without having to go downstairs to pee, leaning over to pick           something up without grunting
Movement: ... no. Nothing. Come on, baby... MOVE!
Belly Button: In, but looking different still
Wedding Rings: still fit
Looking Forward To: camping in fall weather this weekend with some of Andrew's family. Also- would         really love to feel this amazing creation inside my womb.

Journal:
Last weekend my sister caught the bus and hauled herself out here to help me out. I am SO super-grateful for her help in getting all my crap valuables reorganized to make room for a baby. :) I forgot to take a true before picture, though I did take some during and post photos. I did find this before photo, though, from my instagramming days (before I smashed my ipad) And it pretty much looked the same as this when we started.
Before: Craft stuff everywhere
During: moved sewing machine and cubby to "craft side" of room


During: before the move...
After: The "nursery side" of the room
After: so clean!
Where everything went!
 So now I just need a bunch of baby things for the nursery side! Actually we just need a crib and a dresser. And of course all the necessary supplies. Speaking of supplies... last night I ordered 10 cloth diapers in adorable prints and got them for HALF OFF! Amazing. With shipping, it came to $7.40 a diaper. That's amazing. :) I want to make some curtains (valances) and some wall art for the nursery side too, but let's be honest... I still have 23 weeks to get that done. Oh did you see those awesome coral lamps?? The colors I'm trying to go for the nursery are Gray, Coral, Turquoise and Navy. My sister (and others) think if I have a boy that the coral will not be fitting... I think with THREE boy colors and ONE girl color... we'll be alright.

Other than that this has been a pretty boring week. I worked every day-- which means Mon-Thurs, for those not familiar with my dental schedule.

FYI- my new "baby age" week starts on Wednesdays. Sometimes I write these on Wednesday, sometimes Friday, and lets be honest, sometimes Saturday. This post's stats were done on Wednesday but this journal, today, Friday. So today I watch Lowen while trying to get a million things done for the weekend. We are camping this weekend and I'm so excited to be outside by a fire in sweatshirts pants and fuzzy socks. I think Autumn came last night. I like that.

Still waiting on this baby of mine to move! Have a great weekend!

Prayer:
God you are an amazing Creator! Thank you for sharing your beauty with us in the changing seasons, the trees, their leaves, the flowers, your people. Help us all to take time to notice and appreciate these gifts you've given us. Amen.


1 comment:

  1. Coral is my new favorite color! Really - I love it! I have about 3 shirts in said hue, several pair of earrings, and one decidedly clunky necklace which I rarely wear. Anyway, nursery is looking great! As are you!

    ReplyDelete