Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Week 18: Was That Baby Movement???

Size of Baby: Sweet Potato (roughly 5.5 inches)
What's that Babe up to: moving all around, yawning, hiccuping, sucking, swallowing, making faces
Symptoms: the typical unmentionables (that i've mentioned before), random crying
Food Cravings: whatever someone mentions. a fb friend said they were eating an egg in a nest. Guess what I had for breakfast, and I don't even like dippy eggs. Someone else on fb said Stoltzfus Meats is having a special on their DELICIOUS chicken salad. Being a former employee I really know how good this stuff is. Guess what I want so bad right now.... and it's 9 hours away.
Food Aversions: none, i'll take it all- including those leftover fries and chicken nuggets you were about to throw away! ;) (yes i did save that food from the garbage at work...)
Weight: 159. oh yikes...
Weight gain so far: 11 lb. give or take a couple pounds depending the day and time
Maternity Clothes: Oh sure, I love the comfiness of the pants and the length of the shirts! I told Andrew last weekend that I may just keep these maternity shirts because they're nice and long for this long torso body! Still fit into most of my longer shirts, and my sisters old jeans from before she got super-skinny
Stretch Marks: no- checking weekly and using coconut oil
Sleep: still good. catching myself laying on my back (my preferred sleep position) and trying to remember to stay on my side (my least favorite position)
Best moment this week: camping with some of Andrew's family. I also enjoyed 2 bike rides and a long walk around Maumee Bay State Park
Miss Anything: Sleeping through the night without having to go downstairs to pee
Movement: I was getting pretty annoyed and frustrated that I hadn't felt the baby move and then as I was watching the Steelers game at a friend's house I felt a little something weird right below my belly button! It was either my child moving in anger towards the many Steelers' incomplete passes or my stomach churning in anger towards the many Steelers' incomplete passes. I'm gonna go with it being the baby. I felt it yesterday too and can't wait to know FOR SURE that was definitely the baby!
Belly Button: In, but looking different
Wedding Rings: still fit
Looking Forward To: My niece, Greta, coming for the weekend (!!!), Alexa being home for the weekend, and babysitting my friend's ADORABLE little baby boy on Saturday! Oh! and I'm also excited for my appointment on Tuesday so I can get some solutions to my unmentionable problems.
Journal:
  I kind of said a lot in my stats portion that I don't know if I really have more to say!
  This week I only worked on Monday, due to my Dr being out and not having patients scheduled for me to see. The bank won't really like this week (the bank, AND my husband seeing the bank) but I am simply loving it. Yesterday I FINALLY cleaned out our front porch room. If you haven't been to our house, let me explain the problem with this room. It's good for nothing. Honestly, it's a closed in porch that is hot in the summer, cold in the winter. It is directly beside our dining room and has a big bay window going outside, but also two windows and a windowed door between the dining room and porch. Since it's basically unusable, it became a catch-all of random things that have no home (or just never made it there.) Because of all the windows, everyone can see it all from the dining room upon entering our house. Andrew hated that, and I can't say I was a huge fan either. I finally got that all cleared and cleaned out yesterday!!! Of course, some of the stuff still hasn't found it's home and is scattered around the dining room. I will finish that project today. I kept our stroller out there, and also a cedar chest that is holding more baby stuff that we won't need for a while. Feels good to have a clean room. That's 2 in one month!
  Today and tomorrow will be spent cleaning the rest of the house of it's clutter, decorating for fall, and making some delicious foods. Then it's time to make the house messy again as 4 different kids invade to have fun. (that would be: Lowen, Harley, Greta, and Alexa). How exciting! :)
  I guess I don't have any other fun baby stuff to tell you... I'm planning on my diapers coming today and I must say I'm pretty excited about it! :)
 Have a great week!!!
-b

4 comments:

  1. Hey there cuz glad to hear you are doing well it is so exciting! We just had are ultra sound last week and is so cool to see baby moving all around. If I knew I could ship chicken salad to you and it would stay good I would. Guess you will have to come in for a visit :) ~Jen Witmer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting that you got to see your baby! I can't wait, just 2 more weeks! I appreciate the thoughtfulness, and I wish the visit wouldn't be so far away!!

      Delete
  2. If this would be Jan/Feb I would say you were nesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I've thought of that, mom! Mar keeps telling me I'm way ahead of myself. She said she refused to get stuff ready too early because she didn't want to be sitting around waiting- I'm the opposite! Let's get it done now so I can sit around and craft-wait!

      Delete