Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Week 21: The Ultrasound!


There's our baby!!!
Size of Baby:  pomegranate! (Said like Malcolm in Israel... Pomee granite) the ultrasound tech said I'm measuring 21 weeks and 2 days. So that moves the due date up to February 16! But I'll just stick with the 19th... 
What's that Babe up to: MOVING! The babe was facing my back for our ultrasound.... Way to go kid... This better not be a sign that you will forever be hard to get pictures of!
Symptoms: moodiness seems to be on the mend. It was a rough 2 weeks...

Food cravings or aversions: none
Weight: 166
Weight gain so far: 18 lb. give or take a couple pounds depending on the day and time... On my way to 50 I'm sure....
Maternity Clothes: yes and loving it.
Stretch Marks: not yet, but I feel doomed since I have them elsewhere from my freshman 15...
Sleep: great!
Best moment this week: seeing our HEALTHY baby at our ultrasound!
Miss Anything: not having a roll under my chest... That's annoying.

Movement: feeling it more and more every day! At our ultrasound this week we saw the baby moving like crazy! Kicking its little feet all over!
Belly Button: In, but getting flatter... I can see it all!
Wedding Rings: still fit
Looking Forward To: making applesauce and cider this weekend with the in-laws! 

Journal:
    SO EXCITING!!!!! We got to see our baby with the ultrasound this week!!! It was the most amazing experience. And so relieving! The tech told us the baby is looking very healthy and normal. Well, as normal as a King-Spotts genetic combo could be... Like I mentioned in the stats, the baby was facing my back the entire time and refused to turn around for the whole process so she couldn't get a good profile picture. This is a little disappointing, but it was still so amazing! She mentioned that hopefully it's not a sign that the babe will hate pictures! Surely not... And hopefully it also doesn't mean that it won't be photogenic! Haha! The baby was also kicking its tiny little legs almost the whole time, that was so cute to see! Maybe the baby will be a soccer player like its momma! Seeing our child brought Andrew and I one step closer to realizing the reality of what's going on here.... We are going to be parents in just a few short months! Eeek!

That's really the big news for the week. Oh and maybe since the start of my new pregnancy week is on a Sunday now I will change when I post these updates... Maybe... 

Last weekend we didn't do a whole lot and it was nice to be at home and rest up before our schedule gets crazy again. I completed another nursery project and I love how it turned out. I had a pennant banner hanging in that room already that I had made a couple years ago for a family reunion. And I really do love me some bunting. I decided to make a new banner with my chosen nursery colors of gray, coral, and blue. The first bunting I made was of fabric scraps I already had... But I didn't have fabric in those colors that worked so.... I went to Joanne's to get some more but found a stack of scrapbook paper in those exact colors!!! So I made this second one out of paper and attached it to some bias tape with my sewing machine. Very simple, and very rewarding to my soul. Here's a picture: 

The coral turned out to be more pink than coral once I got it home, but some were better than others... I think it still looks pretty gender neutral. One of these days we have to go pick up our crib!!! I'm super excited to have it so I can arrange the nursery side a little better and start oooing and ahhing every time I go upstairs. Ok, you're right, I kind of already do that... 

Whoa! Baby must have just woken up because WOW I'm feeling it move A LOT right now!!! HURRAY!!

Here are some more sonogram pictures! 
The alien head shot
adorable foot!
other adorable foot!
we kept seeing it's little ear sticking out so she got us a picture of it! She did mention that if she's printing pictures of ears, she must be getting pretty desperate!


Well...time to get some more things done before I head in to work for the day. Happy hump day!
One last instagram pic from last week...




1 comment:

  1. Just sayin' that I'm hoping this little one is more like his/her momma! :) (for my sake)!!

    ReplyDelete