Monday, November 9, 2015

Corbin Jack: My Favorite Little Man

10/1/15 Roughly 19 months-ish

I've decided I should probably record some of my favorite things about Corbin and some of his favorite things and his development. I always intend to, because I know that I will not remember this, even though that kills me because I LOVE this!
Corbin is roughly 19 months old. Some of my favorite things about him are that he likes to snuggle. If you're sitting down, he wants to be right next to you. Or on you. If you lay down on the floor, he will get you a pillow, and then sit on your tummy... or your head. I'm trying to teach him that he needs to be careful with the baby (and my head) but he's not liking that lesson. I also love to watch him run. It's so cute how a toddler swings their legs out and wiggle their hips as they run! 
He likes to play with his kitchen if I'm in the playroom, but will usually bring something out to the living room or kitchen if that's where I am. He likes to play with his tractors, ride and push his Thomas train, and read books. He also likes to help! He enjoys throwing away trash for me, unloading the dishwasher, and "helping" with laundry. If you say the word "bath" out loud he will immediate start taking his clothes off and want to take a bath right away! 
His vocabulary seems to be expanding every day. Most words he says, start with a B. I'll see how many words I can remember: Bo=phone and cow (moo), Be=boots and shoes and pillow, Baby, bay=bag, ba-a=milk and bread and jacket. Ha=hat, ow=out, boo boo, mama= momma and grandma, dada, papa=grandpa, no, yes, he has his own noise for kitty cat that I don't even know how to phonetically spell. daw= dog, bu=truck, bu-u= tractor. Amma=hammer, Omma= Homer (babysitter's dog), some German noises mean something that I haven't been able to figure out, but he's consistent with the sound. He also uses some German sound for teeth and cheese, but I don't know how to write it. If you're German, you should tell me how. It's like me trying to roll my Rs for Spanish, but just the noise, no voice. buh=bugs, mo-mor=more mow-mow= lawnmower, Ha=hot
speaking of trucks and tractors and buses, he loves them all and will point them out every time. He also loves dogs and puppies and kitties... probably all animals. Except bugs. He doesn't like bugs. He likes to point them out in haste and then smash them or run away from them. Smart kid. He also likes to ride the lawnmower, tractors AND Andrew's truck. If he sees his truck he thinks he needs to be in it.
Corbin has also learned how to crawl out of his crib. NOT my favorite thing. We should probably move him to a bed, but we don't have space for that yet!!! If he is doing something that he knows he shouldn't be doing, he will say "no no no" as he continues to do it. Also not my favorite thing. He also doesn't like to listen to me sometimes, but will listen to Andrew. Another non-favorite. He has seemed to get over his love for shrill screaming, for which I'm grateful. He kind of throws tempers like his momma by stomping his feet and whining. Makes me look awesome.
Sometimes when I'm rocking him to sleep- yes he still prefers me to rock him to sleep for bedtime (thankfully not naptime) I just hold him and look at him and bawl my eyes out because I love him so much. I am so afraid that I'll forget these moments, and I'm sure I will, and that just makes my heart so sad. He is such a joy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment