Monday, November 9, 2015

Back to the Beginning

I found this drafted post from a couple weeks ago. It's not very happy or anything and is quite outdated now, but I decided to post it anyway- for my own journaling archives. :)

Greetings, readers!
   So hopefully today's post will be more upbeat than my last post! I did remember a few things I wanted to document about this pregnancy that I didn't include in that post, so I will do them here.
Let's start from the very beginning. 
I thought March would be a good time to have another baby. We wanted Corbin to be at least 2 years old, so February was out. March was the next available month! We don't celebrate any other days in March (except both of our sisters-in-law share a birthday on the 9th.... ironic...) April is totally out of the question because basically everyone in our family has a birthday in April. Andrew wanted May (not sure his real reasons, because all I heard was him post-poning). I didn't want May because it already has our anniversary and Mother's Day. June would probably be acceptable, but I don't really want a summer baby- mainly because I don't want a summer pregnancy, so really, June would be ok. July, August, September, even October- out, because I don't want a summer pregancy. November is a good month but that's basically waiting another year, and December and January are out. That doesn't leave many "ideal" months in my mind to have a baby. Many people, ok maybe most people, don't get to pick when to have a baby- it just happens, or it's not easy to get pregnant. Every body is different. My body seems to know when I want to get pregnant and it listens, first try. So since we have the luxury (truly is a luxury) of picking when to get pregnant... might as well pick a good month.
After the deed was done I realized that I'll be going back to work in June. My babysitter only babysits during the school year. So now I'm going to have to find another babysitter for the summer for 2!! Andrew kindly pointed out that if we had the baby in May, I would have the whole summer off and we wouldn't have to worry about it. Well. Had he said that BEFORE I got pregnant, that probably would have convinced me to wait. Nevertheless, the deed was done and so it goes. I have since found a babysitter so this is no longer a concern. But before then, I was all "we should have waited, yadda yadda yadda." A couple weeks later I started to bleed. It wasn't just a little bit, but it wasn't a ton either. Andrew was gone in Georgia so I called my mom (after talking to Andrew) and she highly recommended calling the Dr in the morning, but if I woke up during the night with more to go to the ER. Nothing happened until morning so I called the Dr and they told me to come down to Defiance right away to get some bloodwork. I was babysitting my future daughter-in-law that day but no one around here knew I was pregnant (except Alexa, and she was working) So I took the 2 babes and my bleeding self down to defiance to get some bloodwork. They called later that day and said my hormone levels were high, congratulations, you're pregnant. So the next thing to do was to get my blood taken again in 2 days to see if it goes up. I worked the next day and passed a clot and the bleeding wasn't slowing down, so I called my Dr again. Dr Reiter, herself, called me back to try to reassure me and tell me what was going on. It was funny because she ended up saying that if I was having a miscarriage there was nothing I could do to stop it and I basically had a 50% chance of miscarrying. Then she kind of chuckled and said, I was calling to reassure you but now I realize I'm not doing a very good job of it! Haha! But she did. It was good to know and there was nothing to do but wait until the next day and get my blood tested. She told me what we would do if they were higher, and what we would do if they were not. So the next morning, before work, I went in to have it tested and they called me back at work and said that the levels were up! So I was to go get an ultrasound the same day to check again to make sure everything was ok. I went in during my lunch break and got the ultrasound. I heard the baby's heartbeat. I was slightly reassured. The Dr called later that day and I missed it, so I had to wait until the next morning to hear that everything looked completely normal and to keep them posted if the bleeding got worse. It never got worse, but it lasted a couple more weeks after that. 
Let me back up to say that when this was all happening, I was feeling tremendous guilt about wishing we had waited to have the baby until May. Guilt is not a cool thing, nor is it from God, but I've been feeling a lot of it lately. I was also, obviously, super-worried that I WAS losing the baby because my friend from work had just lost hers the week before. There were a lot of tears shed that week. (And with Andrew in Georgia, that certainly didn't help!)
At the ultrasound, the tech told me that I was measuring to be due March 9 (see? ironic) Dr Reiter said that wasn't enough difference to change the due date, so it's still March 6. (March 6 is a Sunday, Corbin was born on a Sunday. March 9 is a Wednesday, Corbin was due on a Wednesday)
Every appointment since then has been normal and easy. I've heard the heartbeat at every appointment. My next appt is this Tuesday and my ultrasound will hopefully be scheduled for the next week. Almost half way there! How did that happen?!?!








No comments:

Post a Comment