Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 34: Gender Reveal!


My baby's future nanny. ;)
Size of Baby: butternut squash. I know what that is... and that's big. (I found out what a durian is too, thanks Nadene! and apparently that's not a nice comparison)
What's that Babe up to: peeing a pint a day.... where does that go??? and able to recognize and react to simple songs. So I guess I should be singing the same songs over and over again?
Symptoms: ankle, foot, and hand swelling, sleepless nights- thus fatigued days, frequent urination

Food cravings or aversions: none
Weight: 192.
Weight gain so far: let's not talk about it today.
Stretch Marks: this was the week folks. Andrew found them for me, since I can't see them myself (without a mirror) But yes.... I'm an unlucky one for stretch marks. They are now all over my lower belly. That's ok, I guess, I wanted to get a nice one-piece swimsuit this year anyway!
Sleep: not getting much at night, naps are a necessity!
Best moment this week: I would say my shower, but that was even topped with the presence of my best friends Meghan & Lisa & Yvonne & Aunt Carol!!!!! They cleverly surprised me by showing up at my shower. If only there would have been a video camera! Totally made the day/week/month that much better.
Miss Anything: my ability to sleep anywhere, anytime

Movement: oh yes, i love feeling the little feet sticking out.... except when they are in my ribs, of course
Belly Button: it comes out, goes in, comes out, goes in.... can't decide
Wedding Rings: no way
Looking Forward To: finding homes for all this baby stuff!! I'm so excited to organize everything... and then sit and stare at it in excitement.


My surprise guests!!! SO PUMPED!!!
Journal:
So anyone who wasn't at the shower, didn't receive a special call (don't feel bad, only my dad and Grandma did), didn't receive a special text (don't feel bad, only my sister did) and didn't ask me via facebook message, text, or personally- I assume you are interested in knowing what all those other people know??

We had a little Old Wive's Tale Q&A time at the shower-
-Heart rate above or below 140?     above
-Crave sweet or salty?                     salty
-Sleep on right or left side?               both
-Morning sickness or no?                 no
-Moody or even tempered?             moody
-Chinese Calendar boy or girl?         boy

So... what's YOUR guess??? The overwhelming majority of guests said GIRL!

Remember this picture?
the tacky outside... 

Here's the inside!













Surprise!



My awesome friends, Erika Nofziger, Kendra Beck, and Bethany Stuckey planned a WONDERFUL shower for me. It was so much fun. I thoroughly enjoyed it! For the guest book, Erika (of erikamarie photography) had a photobooth set up and guests had to pick either a mustache or bow as their prop and guess as to what the baby was! I can't wait to see the pictures!!! They had wonderfully delicious brunch foods for everyone to enjoy and cards for advice for Andrew and me, and mad libs! They were so funny, I just have to share them with you.
Advice cards
First off, this is the advice we were given (and how often it was given):
-Take lots of pictures, they change so fast (2)
-Rock the baby as much as possible
-Read lots of books to the baby
-Don't forget each other- keep marriage/love alive! (5)
-Let me babysit
-Pray with your baby every day
-Love him with all your heart (2)
-Ask for help (2)
-Don't forget how precious he is
-Good luck (2)
-Let me spoil the child with loud toys
-Teach the kid to use the litter box
-Let it be a baller
-Keep God as the center of our lives as we care for baby
-Don't take most things too seriously/maintain sense of humor (2)
-Laugh a lot
-Have fun
-Sleep when your baby does
-Train Andrew to change poopy diapers
-Snuggle whenever you can
-Breathe
-Sing
-Call your sister
-Don't call MOH for advice

Good advice, I think! I love how the piece of advice given most often was for Andrew and I to make time for each other and to remember to keep our love alive and growing! I understand that's harder to do, but way super important.
Baby Libs
Here is the Baby Libs with all the different answers we got...

My name is _____ and I know Andrew & Brittany from _____. I was so thrilled, excited, surprised, ecstatic, pumped, happy, pleased, elated, impressed, enthralled when I found out they were going to be parents that I immediately thought-Andrew-a dad?, screamed, congratulated them, jumped, squealed, smiled, shrieked, shouted, laughed, gave them hugs, peed, pooped and laughed, told everyone around me, wished them well, hit my head on the car ceiling, peed a little, threw the diaper you gave me in the air, smiled, giggled, congratulated them, told Rick, tackled Brittany, ran around the house, yelled, danced, sang, had tears, screamed, changed my underwear. I'm just sure they are having a boy/girl and I know they are going to be the most fun, greatest, coolest, best, happiest, most involved, most fabulous and wonderful sense of humor, cutest, most energized, craziest, odd, loveliest parents ever!
Advice?? When the baby comes, it's going to be pretty awesome, tiring, busy, boring, freaking awesome, exciting but tiring, cold, neat, cute, rambunctious, needy & demanding, crazy, amazing, loud, hectic, chubby, poopy, so Andrew & Brittany, make sure you get lots of rest to keep up, massages, sleep, sunshine, pictures, help, blankets, prayers, ice cream, patience, ear plugs, Mt Dew, time together before, milk, wets and preparation for baby to be center of attention, sleep, time to yourself, Vitamin D, cuddles, eat your fruits and veggies, patience, rest, hats, snacks, movies, videos, scotchcakes, understanding, relaxation, head phones, chocolate, cookies, wipes. A sure way to get the baby to sleep is to sing a loud version of Jesus Loves Me, country music,Rockabye Baby, Joyful Joyful, Come Thou Fount, anything praise, Happy Girl, Silent Night, the National Anthem, Kum by ah, Will You Go With Me, Eye of the Tiger, The Gummy Bear song, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Jingle Bells, Wagon Wheel, 606, Take Me Home Country Roads, Whiskey Lullaby, the Steelers theme song, and you should always hug, laugh with, kiss, zerbert, smooch, rock, roll, snuggle, nuzzle, sing to, swaddle, pat, be calm, be loving, sit, pray, tickle, hassle, cuddle, hold, play with, talk to, play instead of housework, dance with, feed, burp, harmonize, yell too, pinch, squeeze him/her. You really can't do that too much, you know! Andrew, you should always do what Brittany tells you, massage Brittany's back, cook Brittany's favorite food, sign Brittany's belly, be patient with Brittany's hormones, kiss Brittany's cheek, love Brittany's ideas, massage Brittany's feet, be aware of Brittany's needs, pamper Brittany's whole life, obey Brittany's commands, wait on Brittany always, rub Brittany's toes, blow on Brittany's ears, and Brittany remember to always laugh at Andrew's sense of humor, ask Andrew to clean the house, pluck Andrew's ear wax, wax Andrew's back, encourage Andrew's creative work in the shop, love Andrew always, tickle Andrew's feet, be aware of Andrew's needs, comb Andrew's hair, encourage Andrew's help, ruffle Andrew's hair, push Andrew's nose, fund Andrew's remote control cars, rub Andrew's feet, wash Andrew's clothes, feed Andrew's stomach, laugh at Andrew's jokes, kiss Andrew's lips, tie Andrew's tie, pack Andrew's lunch, start Andrew's car, pet Andrew's beard, trim Andrew's toenails,  there's nothing you need to do for Andrew. I can't wait to see, hold, squeeze, play with the feet of, snuggle, raspberry, spoil, keep, meet, body slam your precious bundle! Wishing him/her a lifetime of love, joy, blessings, love, fun, laughter, adventures, white water rafting, snorkeling, singing, Jesus, peace, rest, happiness, memories, giggles, songs, great wealth, health, faith, contentment, smiles, silliness, success, general awesomeness, good communication (babies turn into teenagers), fun aunts & uncles, goofiness, loud toys, milk, naps, Steeler wins, sleep filled nights, & trips to Galen & Erika's house.

Again, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that out of 25 responses, 11 said that Andrew should always rub or massage my feet (and toes), and 3 said to rub/massage my back. These friends of mine are so good to me. I think I definitely need to have Andrew take a look at all this great advice we got!!!

There were also guessing games where people put buttons in jars with their guess on things like blue or brown eyes (brown), hair or no hair (hair), larger or smaller than 7 lb 5 oz. (larger.... rude...) look like Andrew or like me (Andrew) and I forget if there were others. My choices would be: Blue eyes, brown wavy hair, smaller than 7lb 5oz, and looks like Andrew.  So really-- all like Andrew except for the hair- his hair is much too straight.
Fact Sheets on the tables
A big snow storm/blizzard came through the day after the shower so my sister, niece, and mom had to leave early to get ahead of it- which was a major bummer for me... but I suppose they wanted to get back home to their families before getting stuck here for a few days. And they sure would be stuck! Right now it's -9 degrees with the wind chill at -40 degrees. That's cold. The winds are quite strong- blowing the 15 inches of snow that fell into large drifts. All area counties are in a level 3 snow emergency, meaning it's illegal to drive on the roads unless it's an emergency. This is how winter should be done. I hate cold and I generally don't like winter, but if I'm not even ALLOWED to be outside in it, then I LOVE it! hello soup and hot cocoa, sweatpants and sweatshirts, and staying INSIDE!!! Of course... 6 weeks from now when I'll be due to have this adorable baby I would like to have clean, dry, smooth roads please. :)

So I've been busy writing this really long blog post, putting baby things away- or at least here and there, and washing, stuffing and folding my cloth diapers!!
drying the freshly prepped and washed diapers!
all stuffed, snapped, and ready to go!
I think it's time for some more re-arranging to fit more baby things in their new homes..

Enjoy your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment