Friday, January 3, 2014

Week 33: Surprise Showers!



Size of Baby: a durian. I don't have a clue what that is... but about 5 lbs!!!
What's that Babe up to: keeping eyes open, coordinating breathing, sucking, and swallowing, and hardening bones. oh! and growing.... a lot.
Symptoms: rib pain, foot pain, nighttime congestion, sleepless nights!

Food cravings or aversions: none
Weight: 188
Weight gain so far: 40 lb
Maternity Clothes: always
Stretch Marks: no new.
Sleep: not getting much at night, naps are a necessity!
Best moment this week: Seeing my family this weekend in Pennsylvania for Christmas!
Miss Anything: my ability to sleep anywhere, anytime

Movement: all the time. LOVE it!
Belly Button: it comes out, goes in, comes out, goes in.... can't decide.
Wedding Rings: no way
Looking Forward To: my baby shower this weekend!!!



Journal:
 Remember that time that I wrote out a journal and somehow lost it and never felt like re-writing it? Well.... that may have happened again. On our trip back to Ohio from PA I wrote this week's journal, but it didn't save, I suppose since I wasn't connected to the internet. I am not pleased!!!
Anyway- It was such a great week that I probably should attempt to document it again!

After spending the day after Christmas just hanging out at home, Andrew and I left Friday morning for our last trip to Pennsylvania before the baby comes! It was pretty uneventful- we had to stop a couple times to walk around and use the facilities and eat some lunch, so it took us an extra hour to get there. I realized the days of trying to take that trip without stopping are probably over. During one of our stops, I got Andrew to fast-walk with me in circles around the food court area. It was a humorous time together. :)

Friday evening my sister and her family came down to my parents and Michelle, Mom, Greta, and I made gingerbread houses. Mike and Andrew should also be mentioned as construction assistants. It was Greta's first experience with gingerbread houses, and she did a phenomenal job. We all enjoyed eating the decorations as we worked!

Before we went to bed Friday night, my dad said he would take Andrew out with him for breakfast with some of his friends. This is a fairly regular occurance, and I said something about going along, and somehow it ended up being a race- whoever got up first could go along to breakfast. I slept terribly on the couch that night so I was up early at 6:30! Dad came out to the kitchen and I raised my arms in victory! Then I went to go upstairs to change my clothes and saw Andrew at the top of the stairs already fully dressed for the day. We called it a tie and we both got to go along. :) My dad said it was the last time he will take me out for breakfast for a long time, since he doesn't take crying babies to breakfast. It was wonderful.

After we got back from breakfast we packed up again and made another road trip to Lebanon/Lancaster. I was luckily able to take a nap on the way, but was woken up when we finally met back up with my parents... We took different routes, but left at the same time. We caught up to them around Harrisburg and Andrew laid on the horn- startling me from my nap. We laughed.
We had our Christmas celebration with my mom's side of the family on Saturday, and then with my dad's side of the family on Sunday. Both celebrations were laid back and fun to catch up with my cousins!!!
My mom also had my families shower Andrew and I with some baby things! I apparently came inside too early for the Hershey surprise shower, but it was still a surprise to me!!! It was so wonderful to receive such adorable things for our little baby, and even more wonderful to feel loved by my extended family. I am truly blessed.

After Saturday's party, we stopped nearby to see my dear friend, Meghan, and her husband and where they live! It was a short little visit, but I was so glad we had time to say hello!! Then we made our way to Lancaster/Lititz to spend the evening and night with the Derr's. They are such wonderful hosts, making us feel welcomed and relaxed while Amber made some DELICIOUS food!! (and hot chocolate!)
After Sunday's party, we trekked back out to my parents' house and pretty much went straight to bed!
On Monday, Andrew spent the whole day working on projects for my dad outside, and I helped my mom get ready for our family Christmas and dinner, and hanging out with all my nieces and nephews! One of my favorite parts was the hour or 2 or 3 that I spent sitting on the couch with my feet up, holding my precious 4 month old niece, Amber!
kisses for Austin!
love these kiddos!
After a DELICIOUS Christmas meal, we all cleaned it up, and got ready to exchange gifts.

On Monday, my friend, Melina, stopped by to visit. It was so nice to see her again. She and her husband moved to Honduras at the end of the summer to teach in a school down there. They found out she was pregnant before leaving and it turns out she is due around the same time as I am! I know so many (of you!) are pregnant and due in January and February but I don't live near any of you! So it was cool to be able to see someone due at the same time. :) I hope they are twins. That would be fun. We were conveniently wearing very similar shirts... Here are some pictures!
matchy-matchy!
Our baby bump kisses are a little lopsided...
One thing that Andrew and I realized this weekend from all three Christmas celebrations was.... KIDS ARE LOUD!!!!! The Hershey Christmas has quite a few children, and it got loud from time to time but a large chunk of time they could be outside. The King Christmas, however, was all inside, and having 10 kids 4 years old and younger is VERY noisy!!! They all wanted each others' toys, and there was so much crying and tattling, and the like..... I didn't understand it, so I asked my sister why they all wanted whatever someone else had, and she said, "Because they are kids." Hmm.... Andrew and I decided that we liked our kid inside my belly- nice and quiet. ;)
Monday was pretty much the same- very noisy and chaotic- due to the 6 kids under 5.... though Amber did great. :) I'm not sure if we are really ready for the noise. Actually, I know we're not.... oh well! only 7 weeks to get ready!

So now here we are in the New Year. I can now say, my baby is due to come NEXT MONTH! February 19th is only 7 weeks away and that, my friends, is CRAZINESS!!! My baby shower is this Saturday, and I am SUPER-PUMPED! I have some really awesome friends out here who planned it, and are refusing to tell me anything about it (can I blame them, since I refuse to tell them if we are having a boy or girl?) and I'm excited to see what they've planned! This also means that the secret will be out in a short 3 days!!!

Stay tuned to see if we are going to be buying bows or bowties!!!!!!
the Gender Reveal box for Saturday!
The welcoming crew is assembling!

1 comment: