Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Week 35: So sore, so done.



Size of Baby: coconut... a really big one
What's that Babe up to: being big.
Symptoms: ankle, foot, and hand swelling... carpal tunnel in my right hand. still have bloody noses and sleepless nights

Food cravings or aversions: none
Weight: 195.
Weight gain so far: 47 lbs. woooo  weeee! 

Stretch Marks: sure do! did I mention they appeared in one day?
Sleep: not getting much at night, naps are a necessity!
Best moment this week: washing and folding my baby's clothes. Don't think this was a bad week because that was my highlight..... that truly was exciting. OH WAIT... no- getting the nursery all set up with the changing table, dresser, and all that... THAT was the best moment... walking up the stairs after it was all placed just so and the big feeling of joy and satisfaction it brought to my heart.
Miss Anything: my ankles, my hands.

Movement: oh yes, i love feeling the little feet sticking out.... except when they are in my ribs, of course
Belly Button: partially out!
Wedding Rings: no way
Looking Forward To: my next appointment when I get to see if I'm "progressing" at all...


so big, I have to layer the tanks!
This past week I had another doctor appointment. I had the same nurse I had that time I failed the urine test. She must be bad luck (though she's my favorite) because I failed my urine test again. My blood sugar was 115 which she said wasn't terrible. This time my breakfast of choice was 2 bowls of Raisin Bran. Curse the processed cereals!! (I actually made my own granola later that day in protest.) I told the nurse that I thought Raisin Bran would be better than Lucky Charms (the culprit last time) and her and the Dr. got a good kick out of that. (I was being serious, but apparently that's funny.) Anyway- my BP was also high initially: 144/78. After she poked my finger she took it again and it was 102/70. Seems to me that's a pretty big change- that little finger prick must have released a lot of pressure! (I kid-- I know that's not how it works) Anyway- my doctor comes in with a med student and the first thing I asked was- "Am I going to have a big baby?" I asked because of my sugar. She just laughed. I looked a the student and said- "She's laughing, that means yes." She then said it's a good possibility. After measuring my belly she said the number (I don't remember what it was) and I asked what that meant, and she said without hesitation, "That he's big." UGH. His heart rate was high and eventually settled down to 142. Maybe he doesn't like being called big. I kid again. I told her my pulse is always at least 100 (normal is 60-100) even at rest, so maybe he gets it from me. Is a fast pulse a sign of being really out of shape?? I wonder... So anyway.... I made some whines about not wanting a big baby and that I was big. I was 9lb 3oz. chubba wubba. My doctor said I should expect to have a 9-10 pound baby. I gave her some nasty looks and said I don't want a C-section. She assured me that I didn't have to have one, but that we might get an ultrasound later on to see just how big he is. Do I really want to know??? My prayer has now become- LORD, please give me a long baby with a small head. We ended the appointment talking about cloth diapers and wipes and I appreciated the support and excitement she shared with me on that. It was a good appointment, even if slightly disheartening. Oh! and by the way, she is unconcerned about my massive swelling... mainly because my blood pressure is good (?) and my urine is free from protein (except for a little, which she said was normal) She also said she would be more concerned if there was swelling in my face. HELLO! my face is HUGE! Have you seen my nose lately?!? haha! Apparently, it's not as obvious to her as it is to me. That's ok. I'm glad everything is still ok. Someday I will have ankles again. :)
doesn't even show it's true nastiness
BTW, this twitching in my stomach is really annoying..... Oh right, that's my little boy with the hiccups. Bet he learned that from me! Should I try to scare him? hehe

So I saved a list of things you should have for your baby a long time ago and recently came across it. Nice timing, I know. So I printed it out and took inventory of all the things we have. Let me just tell you... lists are nice. Sometimes you forget obvious things. Like pants, for instance. Apparently our child needs to wear pants, and not just cute onesies. Nice reminder, since all I have are cute onesies, and NO pants! haha! It's not like it will be the dead of winter when he's born... oh wait, yes it is. Lists are good. They should never be underestimated in their power. :) I went to Goodwill and bought 15 items of clothing for the little guy.... I think about 7 pants. Did I mention that my doctor instructed me to not buy any newborn clothes or diapers? How terribly sad. Those clothes are just so much cuter the smaller they are! I guess a potentially good outcome could be that we use our cloth diapers sooner if they fit sooner! haha!

A friend at church stated that I for sure dropped in the last week. I laughed and said, I surely did not! He still feels like he's sitting on top of my belly squishing my ribs and making me lose my breath way too easily. It doesn't feel like he's dropped. A source did tell me that this is the week he may drop. I hope he does- I'd like to breathe again, even if I do have to pee more. Then I thought today- my doctor felt his head and she was feeling really low... maybe he did drop.... AND HE'S JUST LONG?!?!?!?! That would be amazing.... with a small head. I still don't think so, but I'll ask her at my next appointment. I wish I had one every week now, but since I always go the day before my new week, I have to wait 2 weeks one more time. I go the 28th and then every week after that... I think he's coming soooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okie Dokie... My shoulder is SCREAMING to go to bed, so I shall listen. Tomorrow I leave with my office team to take a class on communication in Indy this weekend. I'm not particularly looking forward to the drive and discomfort of not my home, but do enjoy hotels and eating out, so... shouldn't be too bad! :) I packed some epsom salts, hoping for a soak in the bathtub!!!!!!! (I promise, I won't make it too hot, as tempting as that would be)

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment