Thursday, November 28, 2013

Week 28: Test Results Are In!


Thanks Gretchen King for my new shirt!
Size of Baby: an eggplant
What's that Babe up to: lots of moving around! Making more fat, again just like momma
Symptoms: heartburn, lower back pain, bloody noses, leg and foot cramps, frequent urination, plantar fasciitis 

Food cravings or aversions: nothing this week
Weight: 181.  No gain!!!
Weight gain so far: 33lbs
Maternity Clothes: I just want to wear yoga pants every day.
Stretch Marks: more on my hips
Sleep: getting a lot of hours of interrupted sleep again. With Andrew going to work earlier we go to bed earlier but I still get up at the same time.... But I get up 3-4 times a night to pee and drink.
Best moment this week: seeing my friend Stephanie again after much too many months! And seeing Alexa after much too many weeks! And seeing her mom's reaction to her surprise trip home for thanksgiving.
Miss Anything: breathing while laying back was nice

Movement: morning, night, anytime I lay on my back, and now randomly throughout the day
Belly Button: when I'm really full, like after a thanksgiving meal, it looks so different! I think it's going to pop out. I can make it pop out!
Wedding Rings: The engagement ring was getting too hard to get off for work so now I just wear a band I got at kohls. It works!
Looking Forward To: getting into the Christmas spirit!!!

Preggo picture, Christmas Tree edition
Journal:
nothing.    Done!
That was Andrew's contribution to the blog this week, 

Anyway! So last week I had that scary glucose test that my doctor thought for sure I was going to fail. Well isn't she silly. So for those who don't know, you have to drink a very sugary drink and then wait an hour and have your blood drawn afterwards. So I took my recipes that I printed and wrote them on index cards to pass the time. I got my blood drawn (which I HATE) and went to work. People complain about that sugary juice saying its so sweet it's intolerable. I suppose if I felt like I did my first trimester about sweet stuff I would agree but I really didn't think it was so bad! I rather enjoyed it. Mine was orange flavored. Well I didn't hear back about my results for what seemed like the longest time, then finally I got an email saying my results were in! Of course it took forever to navigate around but finally I saw it. My score was 121 which was pretty much right in the middle. Phewie! I was very nervous and anxious about having gestational diabetes, knowing that I would be a terrible diabetic! So praise The Lord,  I don't have to deal with that. Seriously, thank you, Jesus. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment