Friday, November 1, 2013

Week 24: Schedule gets better!


Week 24
Size of baby: Cantaloupe. What?!?! That's huge...
What's that Babe up to: skin is slowly becoming less transparent and with a little pink glow compliments of himher's capillaries. Officially viable outside the womb-- if any emergency were to occur. Please no.
Symptoms: heartburn, lower back pain, bloody noses, leg and foot cramps

Food cravings or aversions: I had my first ice cream craving today! Andrew kindly obliged by stopping in at the store on his way home from work. He loves ice cream more than me, so he didn't object one bit!
Weight: 173. Hitting 170 did not bother me near as much as 160 did.
Weight gain so far: a lot
Maternity Clothes: my larger pre-preggo tshirts are getting tight, and some sweatshirts don't make the cut anymore. I love the comfort and quickness of pulling down maternity pants when I gotta go, but I really hate how they don't stay up above my round butt. I am a belt-wearer for this reason and this was a problem I did not think about, and I hate it.
Stretch Marks: no sir
Sleep: on the mend from the last 2 weeks' stress
Best moment this week: finally being able to catch my breath on Sunday, relaxing all by myself.
Miss Anything: my pants staying up?

Movement: Heshe has gotten soooo much more mobile these last few days! Feels like heshes's doing cartwheels in there! :) And I'm loving it, of course.
Belly Button: no more changes
Wedding Rings: still fit
Looking Forward To: My momma is coming out to visit this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
24 Weeks
Journal:
 First of all, I've been smelling my pot roast since 2:30 and it's now 7:30 and I haven't eaten it. I can't wait for Andrew any longer.... be right back.
Well it's 2 days later. Andrew had nice timing and came in just when I was carrying the dishes to the table. Anyway--- where was I? Oh right... not even started yet.

So as you may have seen in my previous catch-up post- life has been BUSY lately! I've been working more and working harder, and dealing with a lot more stress than I typically find in my life. I don't like it, but there is hope on the horizon.... did you see my momma is coming out to Ohio this weekend?!?! So excited for that.

Last weekend Andrew had the pleasure of going to Pennsylvania, to my parents' home... without me. I was super-bummed as you might imagine. I couldn't go along because I had a dental hygiene Continuing Education course to go to in Indy with my co-workers and dentist/boss man. I didn't go into the class with the most stellar attitude, but it turned out to be a great class where I learned a lot and was encouraged to do more for my patients. Thanks, God!

We've had some really nice days around here as far is weather is concerned (until Wednesday!) So after I got my hair cut on Tuesday, I rounded up the family (Andrew & Libby) and found a spot to take some Christmas pictures. It took some experimenting trying to get Libby to look at the camera while at the same time Andrew and I remembering to sit straight and smile pretty. I think we got one that will work. Here are some that didn't....
Andrew trying to get Libby to look at the camera
Oh Libby
"eehhh you're choking me!" -Libby
 

nice try. nice try.
Thursday was a scary day. I had some changes with my body, that I'll spare you the details of, but which put me on higher alert with my health/baby health. Throughout the morning at work I was feeling crampy and just generally different. I hadn't felt our little peanut move since Wednesday morning and even then it wasn't very much, compared to what I was feeling the days before that. At lunch I was texting Andrew and trying to get a hold of my doctor, who inconveniently has the same hours as our office, and was really scared that something was wrong with the baby. I, of course, was crying while ordering my Wendy's chicken sandwich. Well, my last patient for the day came and as I'm dismissing them, her mom, who is an OB nurse, and I were talking about my pregnancy and my day and she encouraged me to go to the Women's Center (where I'll deliver!) and get checked out... if nothing else, for peace of mind. So I did! I thought it would be a quick check, but I was there for about 45 minutes before they let me go, even though they knew everything was ok from the start. HURRAY!! While I was laying on the bed, listening to my baby's heartbeat, and hearing all the movements, and seeing that I was not contracting at all, I finally felt at peace. I even dozed off a little while laying there! The baby must have gotten the hint that I like feeling himher move when heshe heard the doppler, and so the baby moved hisher position and I started feeling the baby again without having to hear the movements! Thank you!!!

When I sat down to write this journal entry, I think I had a lot more to say, but now that it's taken me 3 days to complete, I don't remember what I'm missing. So I guess this will suffice! ;) Until next week! (WEEK 25!!!)
better clothed 24 weeks!
I have so much joy in my belly!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment