Friday, July 26, 2013

Week 9: Actual Date of Writing: 7/17/13

Size of Baby: green olive/grape
Symptoms: terrible dreams, fatigue, larger boobs and boob parts, constipation
Cravings: still with the salty carbs- but not as strong as before, also fresh fruits sound good again!
Aversions: not too much- sweets have been reintroduced!
Weight: 148
Journal:
   Really?!? I haven't really gained weight yet?!? I feel like a fat lard! I thought/think I'd be so excited to start showing but actually- my flat stomach was the only thing I had going for me that I felt good about! Now my belly matches my flubby thighs, bedonkadonk butt, and massive muscle-less calves. Boo. I feel fat.

The bad thing is, I don't think I'm supposed to show this early, and it's probably just bloating but it's enough that I can't suck it in! What?!?!

So last weekend we FINALLY started telling people we're expecting! It was SO RELIEVING! I told Michelle on Skype on Friday- as the first official person to know! (not counting my massage therapist the night before!) She was super-excited and happy for me which of course made me super-excited! She then proceeded to dig out her fat-girl jeans and maternity shirts and books. :) She's the best. Our sister-in-law, Kate, has the rest of her maternity clothes but she is expecting her little girl in about a month so she said I could come get most of them whenever I want. She of course lives 5 hours  (too far) away!

The next day- at our Hershey Family Reunion I took mom to the dining hall to spread our her birthday present- the HUGE family tree! At the bottom of it I taped our little family tree to include "Lil Spotts- February 19, 2014." It took her 3 times of looking at it before she noticed it!!! :) Then as the extended family trickled in they saw it and the news spread! It was fun getting many great reactions. And somewhat awkward...

I learned everyone's first question is how I'm feeling (followed by "are you going to find out") When I say not bad, they are so happy and then hear that I was only 8 weeks along and said it could still come... BAH! I am feeling BETTER these days- not worse! :) God has been gracious to this poor soul.

We then told Andrew's parents Monday night when we invited ourselves for supper. We gave them diapers as a gift to open. Then we went to Clemma's and Jon & Jenny's and told them. Love all around.

I must say- I am a hugger and I feel like this is hug-worthy news so I'm a bit disappointed I'm not getting more hugs! Although, I admit- my cousin Lisa did hug and cry when I told her. Bless her for that! I guess I did know that most of my friends are not huggers. eh- I guess Andrew will just have to fill that void in my life! :)

We told Andrews other grandparents last night and now we just have our friends to tell!!! I am going to go visit Erika and Harley tonight and I can't wait to hear what she has to say!!!

Well- Time for another BLT!!! :)

Prayer:
   God thank you for being so gracious to me during this 1st trimester so far. Thank you that I can share this wonderful news with everyone and for their happiness and support! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment