Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week 11: More of the Same

Size of Baby: Lime
Symptoms: exhaustion, occasional crying spurts, really jacked up digestive system, throaty phlegm-I've actually had this for basically the whole time..... funny I kept forgetting it.
Cravings: hot beverages  (I mean, it feels like fall around here!)
Aversions: Most things- especially sweet things that should be salty: like pizza.
Weight: 149
 Journal:
   I almost gave my unborn kid some birth defects. Well THAT was close! *phew!* All I wanted tonight was some Wild Berry Zinger tea. Is that so complicated? I mean-- I have some already. I didn't have to beg the hubbo to go get me some.... it's in my tea box. (which could be why I wanted it--- I'm so influenced by the power of suggestion.) HOWEVER! I remembered reading several places about avoiding herbal teas, so I figured I better make sure my Wild Berry Zinger wouldn't kill us. Sure enough- it contains Rosehips and Hibiscus.... two herbs that are not recommended during pregnancy due to birth defects, miscarriage, early labor, and low birth weight.  REALLY?!?!? Fortunately- my Peppermint Twist tea has no twists- just peppermint- which can be "settling for upset stomachs commonly experienced during pregnancy." How nice. I want my Wild Berry Zinger. I guess I'll just eat a whole bowl of blueberries along with it- that should help.

Maybe it will help my other problem too.... The fact that my digestive system is a TOTAL WRECK!!!! LORD!! GIVE ME SOME NORMALCY! Of course, Andrew would say this is normal for a King gut. I promise you, it isn't. I've given Activia (you have to sing that) a fair shot- every day for 2 weeks and it has done anything but make me regular. I've tried eating leafy greens-- I just end up pooping leafy greens. (Sorry, was that too much?!) I'm pretty sure my body isn't using anything that I'm feeding it. Except for that 10 oz steak I ate on Saturday... I guess the baby and I used that right up.
I wish I could go with Ms. Frizzle and the Magic School Bus and take a tour of my digestive system... just to see what the heck is going on in there.

Today was the first day I told my patients, "I'd like to get you scheduled for your next prophy cleaning- We're looking at FEBRUARY!!!!!" That means the month that I give birth to this child is only a prophy recall away!!!!!!!! WOWSERS. I think I'll be pushing before I know it. I think I better get a crib...

I guess I should go take a shower... my legs are super-hairy. Another lively side-effect of pregnancy. I love how they are called "side effects," like being pregnant is a drug.
Then again... let's reflect on my pregnancy brain as of late and reconsider this being "drugged."

As for that symptom/side effect of occasional crying spurts... last night I snuggled up to Andrew in bed and he stated that he would only snuggle if I moved back over to my side of the bed. Most people might think he's just a smart guy thinking ahead (of when I fall asleep and he's crowded with no room to sprawl) but what was my reaction??? Instant anger and hurt- I vehemently rolled over to my side, back to him, and started BAWLING. What the heck.

Prayer:
 I'm almost done with my 1st trimester and you've totally pulled me through with zero vomitting!!! Kudos to you, God... You've done it again! :) Amazed me with your simple miracles. Help me to enjoy every step of this pregnancy because like a friend told me, no subsequent one will be anything like it. Thank you for the joy and love that I feel already for this child just by hearing the heartbeat. You are an amazing Creator, and I could never express my gratitude and awe of your work enough! May your name be blessed!
Love you for always. -B.

2 comments:

  1. Loving this, Brittany! You are truly blessed not to be vomiting. What a gift! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love this! I was sad too over no herbal tea with hibiscus in it while I was pregnant. I'm a hygienist too, soI totally get how weird it is to be scheduling patients out and know you'll be on maternity leave!

    ReplyDelete